With summer just around the corner, we want something sweet and filling, but we don’t want to gain all the pounds that sweets tend to make us do. (I found this recipe on Pinterest, but not sure who’s recipe it is). These banana and chocolate chip muffins will hit the spot when craving sweets, but won’t leave you feeling guilty. Whether you eat it for dessert or grab one for breakfast, these delicious muffins will hit the spot!
First, let me list the ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas (for a strong banana taste, you will want to use bananas that are really ripe)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Now it’s time to bake!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray (even if you use paper muffin cups, you still want to spray them with cooking spray).
- In a medium size bowl, combine your flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine your bananas, honey, vanilla, oil, egg, milk, and yogurt,then blend with a blender for 1 minute until creamy.
- Blend wet ingredients with dry ingredients until well combined. Stir in chocolate.
- Divide batter into muffin tin and bake 20-25 minutes (I do 20 min).
- Once your muffins are finished baking, let them cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
Now that you have made these delicious muffins, enjoy them while they’re warm or you can enjoy them the next morning for breakfast because the longer they sit, the more moist they get. Hope you like them as much as I do!
Until next time,