Get your fat pants and flowy shirts ready because it’s Thanksgiving!
Hi guys! Sorry I have been behind on posting blog posts. This semester has been the most stressful semester I have ever experienced and I’ve been super busy! I still feel like it’s September because of life being so chaotic. Instead of keeping up with months, I’m just checking off deadlines.
But with it being Thanksgiving break, I’m putting everything on pause and appreciating this time more than ever before. This is a perfect time to slow down and take in everything that I am thankful for. Here are 25 things I am thankful and grateful for this year.
- Siblings (I know this is the same thing as family, but I’m extra thankful that my siblings and I are extremely close. This also includes my brother-in-law and soon to be sister-in-law. We all get each other and share an irreplaceable bond) ❤
- Facetime (so I can see my siblings since they’re in England. Especially during this holiday season)
- My dog who calms me down and gives me all the good doggy cuddles
- Friends (who are like family to me)
- Good health
- Being able to get an education (even though I’m super stressed out all the time)
- Being able to follow my passion and do what I love (journalism)
- Rare lazy days spent relaxing (and finally having time to wash my hair haha)
- North Carolina weather (perfect temperature and pretty fall leaves this time of year)
- Seeing little acts of kindness each day
- Food (especially my grandma’s pumpkin pie I’m about to destroy later)
- Warm house
- Coffee (don’t know how I would manage without it)
- The unknown (I would rather go with the flow and not know everything that’s in store for the future than have life planned out)
- Strangers (getting to know strangers who become friends or just talking with strangers each day)
- Learning from mistakes
And that’s my list of things I’m thankful for everyday, and especially today, where I have time to slow down and appreciate life even more.
I’m currently watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade while food is being cooked in the kitchen. Once I finish my cup of coffee and the oven can be shared, I’ll be in the kitchen cooking too. I’m soaking up every minute of this Thanksgiving break and being with the family. Also, flowy black shirts are mandatory today to hide all my bloatedness after eating all this food! Haha.
What are some things you are thankful for this year? Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition? Let me know in the comments below!
Hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Until next time,